I am happy that people are willing to cook this semester, it is a nice way to do something for the group.It is also nice that so many people come and stay for the Wednesday lunches. Since there is an economic issue of that the cooking person seldom gets the money back, I would like to point out some things.
When you join a meal (even the Sunday mass meal):
- Please contribute. The person who cooks has spent some time and money to be able to do that. Lets see to that the person gets back what he/she spent. If people always spend much more than they get back, no one will want to cook. The brothers should not pay for our meals. It is kind enouth from them that we can meet at their place.
- We have said a sum of about 20 kr. If you feel that you can, you are welcome to contribute with more. This is of course not an imposement. We want everybody to be able to participate, regardless of how much money you have got, but we also want that everybody should be able to participate in cooking, without fear of spending 150 kr more than you get back.
When you cook:
- The number of participants will be 8-15 people.
- If all 15 people pay 20 kr each, you will get 300 kr back (this doesn’t happen so often).
- Please think about this when you plan what to cook or go shoping. Do not buy too expensive food. Maybe you can skip some of the ingredients or find cheaper ones if you see that the cost for what you want to cook will be high. As a rule of thumb, try not to spend more than 250 kr.
- In the kitchen we have a lot of spices and other things. You are welcome to use them.
- If you want to treat the group with something special that you know will cost more, and you are willing to take the cost on you, you are of course welcome to do that.
Hope that this does not scare you away from participating, but only by being aware of this we can solve it.