In the film 2001. A Space Odyssey by Stanley Kubrick tells about a future (now already longtime past…) from the view point of year 1968. It´s a film brilliant in technology and estaetics, but lacking in some way humans of flesh and blood. On a space craft expedition, more evoking interest in the 60ies then in our time, there is a the crew member, Hal, who is the brain (and the heart?) of the expedition. Hal is a computor who never failed in his predictions. Everyone is putting their complete trust in him. Hal (very close to Heil, isn´t it?) is their God, the technological system is God. A voice from far avay, 1968 – but not so far from our own world, is it? How are we looking at the technological systems that interfers in our lives? Do we protect our judgement and freedom from their dominance?
Last week there was in many cities a March for science, organized by scientifics who claims that only scientificly proved facts should ground the public discussion. Isn´t this again the God of technology they put faith in? Yes, faith, because they choose what they rely on. Love and friendship cannot be proved in the same way, yet they are real facts of life. But as with God, there has to be a personal engagement, persons of flesh and blood, to make them come forth.
- Prayer in the Spirit of Taizé 2 May 2017 at 19:30 – 22:00 Sandgatan 8 We gather to pray in the spirit of Taizé: Meditative songs and a reading with a comment. Gathering and conversation afterwards.
- Student Mass and Lunch 3 May 2017 at 12:10 – 14:00 Sandgatan 8 Mass in the middle of the week. Lunch for studends afterwards.
- Tänkandets Historia V - Modernitet och postmodernitet 9 May 2017 at 19:30 – 21:30 Sandgatan 8 Evik Celylan, doktorand i religionsfilosofi om nya vägar att förstå i en pluralistisk värld.
- Student Mass and Lunch 10 May 2017 at 12:10 – 14:00 Sandgatan 8 Mass in the middle of the week. Lunch for studends afterwards.
- Student Mass and Lunch 17 May 2017 at 12:10 – 14:00 Sandgatan 8 Mass in the middle of the week. Lunch for studends afterwards.
Senast från Domino
- The God of Technology 24 April 2017
- Glad Påsk/Happy Easter! 16 April 2017
- En vecka på Gotland i augusti/ A week at the island of Gotland in August 8 April 2017
- Something new arriving 8 April 2017
- Voluntary needed now 6 April 2017